Saturday 29 April 2017

Why I Brush my teeth

It is very important to ensure you are brushing your teeth every day and night. I do this on a regular basis as I do not wish to deal with any of the adverse effects of neglecting to brush and see the dentist. A few of these negative effects I spoke of include cavities or gingivitis. Making sure to brush my teeth every night and day helps me prevent oral issues. I believe it is essential for everyone to brush their teeth every day, or they can risk the chances of getting one of the previously mentioned oral health problems.

Every day when I get up, one of the first things I do, after getting dressed is to make sure to brush my teeth and rinse with mouth wash. The mouth was is just a little extra, by choice of course. The benefit of adding the mouth wash is that I can get my gums as well if I could not get it when I was brushing. Additionally, I will be able to get any lodged food in my teeth out with the mouth wash. I also make sure to go to the dentist every scheduled appointment so they can check if I have gotten any oral health issues that need to be addressed.



One oral health issue that is relatively common is cavities. Cavities form when plaque or tartar build-up on teeth do not get addressed. Plaque is a sticky substance that can develop over the teeth; it is usually yellow in color. Plaque is a bacteria that can penetrate the protective enamel on teeth and attack the more vulnerable areas under the enamel. This is how cavities form. If a cavity is not taken care of, then more disastrous health concerns will arrive. Those being a possible dental infection or, worse, tooth loss. However, all of that can be prevented. An excellent way to help avoid this catastrophe is to ensure you are brushing your teeth every day and night and also seeing your dentist on a regular basis. 

Another kind of oral health problem that can come to light is gingivitis. Gingivitis is a kind of oral gum disease. Plaque can do more than attack the tooth enamel causing cavities. It can also weaken the gums, which leads to this form of gum disease. The bacteria in plaque can also inflame and irritate the gums. This causes the gums to become very sensitive, inflamed, puffy and makes it highly likely that they will bleed when brushed. An excellent way to help this is if you use mouth wash like I do, as it is another way of making sure my gums get a superb cleaning despite being brushed already. I like to do this for some peace of mind, really.



Brushing your teeth is very important. I recently found out the adverse effects it can have if you do not brush your teeth on a regular basis. I do not want to take the risk of getting some kind of oral disease that will require a lot of work. I am not that big of a fan when it comes to going to the dentists, but I make sure to go so they can really check out my mouth and see what is going on in there, as I don’t know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

3 years since seeing a dentist

The fact is that I am not a young buck anymore.  I am getting in my middle aged years and I still don't go to the dentist on a regular ...